Wednesday 7 March 2012

Since the Twittersphere is talking about Kony, here's my two cents

The more I hear about the world's problems, the more I want to just move to another world.
War makes no sense. Getting children to fight wars makes even less sense. But some people are just too power hungry. I hope the SEALs can dispatch this madman, and the children can be freed. 

But freed to what? There is a lack of infrastructure in many of these countries in Africa, which seems to be the reason that people fight over the limited resources available in the first place. It need not be like this. 

What I would NOT want, by going in and placing some of these tower cities in places that need basic necessities, is for people to feel like if they come into them, they are suddenly just slaves to another system. Another dictator. Another person, telling them what to do or how to live their lives. 
I'd like the cities to be a gift, freely given, without the expectation of giving something “back” to those giving.
 
How is that different than the aid these places get now? I'm not sure. It's just my idea, built off of a great many others, and mixed together. But I think if a coherent system like this is in place, set up and ready to be inhabited, that people will take to it and be able to make it thrive.
I already have certain ideas about limiting power for those who would be in positions of authority in the cities, so those would be meant to be applied wherever the cities are built.


No comments:

Post a Comment